AN ENGLISH PAGE.
[8 works published in USA]
|The Illogic of Kassel and A Brief History of Portable Literature and Because She Never Asked [bibliography]
- Welcome to Literature’s Duchamp Moment. Shaj Mathew. The New Republic. May 18, 2015.
- The Illogic and Brief History. Pasha Malla. The Globe and Mail. Jun 5, 2015.
- A fictional history unfolds. Alex McCown. A.V.Club. Jun 8, 2015.
- A Brief History of Portable Literature. M.A.Orthofer. Complete Review. June 8, 2015.
- The Illogic of Kassel. M.A.Orthofer. Complete Review. June 8, 2015.
- The Funniest Secret Society in (Portable) Literary History. Jonathon Sturgeon. Flavorwire. 11.06.2015.
- The Shandy secret society. Hal Hlavinka. Quaterly Conversation. 15 jun 2015
- Charmingly playful, lucidly destructive Vila-Matas. Adam Thirwell. The Times Literary Suplement. Jun 15, 2015.
- A chamber of echoes. Tristan Foster. Words without Borders. 17.06.2015
Ben Lerner, Sophie Calle, Teju Cole, Tom McCarthy, Alejandro Zambra, Siri Hustvedt, Michel Houellebecq, Sheila Heti, W.G. Sebald, Orhan Pamuk, and Enrique Vila-Matas,
- To find new ways to alchemize negativity. Danny Byrne. Music & Literature. June 23, 2015.
- A stimulating read. Tony Bailie. New York Journal of books. June 8, 2015.
- Tyler Curtis reviews A Brief History of Portable Literature. Tyler Curtis. Asymptote. July 15, 2015.
- The illogic of Kassel. Tmn. The Modern Novel. July 23, 2015.
- One of the standouts of 2015 to date. Tony Messenger. Messengers Booker. July 27, 2015.
- Spain’s literary mischief-maker in chief. Tobias Grey. The Wall Street Journal. Aug. 6, 2015.
- Art for Whose Sake? Jonathan Lee. Literary Review. August 2015. Issue 434.
- Vila-Matas Plots His Own Awakening in The Illogic of Kassel. Valerie Miles. The New York Times. Aug. 13 2015.
- Light-hearted. Lidija Haas. The Telegraph. Aug. 21, 2015.
- Fall 2015’s best Latin American novels. Julie Schwietert Collazo. The Guardian. Sept. 1, 2015.
- The Triumphant Humiliation of Enrique Vila-Matas. Vértigo (Sebald.Wordpress) by Terry on September 3, 2015.
- The Illogic of Kassel review – thrillingly imaginative. Alex Clark. The Guardian. Sunday, August 23, 2015.
- The Illogic of Kassel. Rob Stephenson. Rain Taxi, volume 20, Number 3. Sept 2015.
- The critic is alive. The critic is dead. Fusun Onor. Conceptual Fine Arts. October 5, 2015.
- It’s a refreshed self. P.T. Smith. The Mookse and the Gripes Pantheon. October 19, 2015.
- Vila-Matas, Pierre Huyghe, Ai Weiwei and I at Kassel. Simon Taylor. Square White World. October 31, 2015.
- Theory of modern art & the crucial “Giorgione effect” according to Vila-Matas. Simon Taylor. Square white world. November 8, 2015.
- Because She Never Asked. M.A.Orthofer. Complete Review. November 24, 2015.
- Because She Never Asked. Julia Jenkins. Shelf Awareness. November 24, 2015.
- Salon Preview: The Artist as Stalker. Two Lines Press. February 4, 2016.
- Porque ella no lo pidió. Inés Macpherson. Anika entre libros. Mayo, 2016.
- Because She Never Asked. Andrew Hertzberg. ...And Hertz. June 3, 2016.
- Recommended Reading: Alexievich, Hitchcock, Truffaut, Vila-Matas. Scott Esposito. Scott Esposito’s blog. July 24, 2016.